- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 8 oz (small package) fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas (you can put as much or as little peas as you want)
- 1 thick slice Black Forest ham, julienned (I cut the ham into bite size pieces)
- 2 Tablespoons dried parsley flakes (this can also be adjusted to your taste)
- 12 oz farfalle (bow tie) pasta
- 2/3 cup fresh Parmesan cheese grated (this can also be adjusted to your taste)
- Heat cream and chicken broth to a boil.
- Stir in mushrooms and continue boiling until mushrooms are tender and sauce is slightly reduced, about 10 minutes. Start cooking farfalle in large pot of salted water until al dente, about 10-12 minutes.
- Stir in ham, peas and parsley into the mushroom mixture and cook 4 minutes.
- Once pasta is ready drain water return to pot and add sauce.
- Cook until sauce simmers and coats the pasta. Stir in Parmesan cheese.
- Serve warm.
We all love this meal in our house. Madilynn (my 3 year old) will eat this up and ask for seconds which is unbelievable.
Brett likes his bow tie pasta with some balsamic vinegar. I just like mine with a slice of grilled french bread. Nummy Yummy!